Adrian Octavius Walker
Lives and works in Oakland, CA
2006-2010 - University Missouri St. Louis, St. Louis, MO
Bachelor of Arts, Sociology, Certificate in Photography
2016 - Present, Assistant Editor at VSCO, Oakland, CA
- Propose editorial ideas for original content pieces both paid and internal
- Develop original content for various content pieces within music, current events, style, and culture.
- Write and edit creative copy for VSCO editorials across all digital platforms.
- Prioritize deadlines and meet demands of editorial projects while supporting the senior editor.
- Interview musicians, artist, and creatives for VSCO original content stories.
- Create photo assets using Adobe indesign, photoshop, and light-room.
2014 - 2016 Content curator at VSCO, Oakland, CA
2014 - St. Louis Community Manager at F-stop, St. Louis, MO
In charge of expanding the local brand awareness for f-stop. As the community manager, I work with local community influencers, media, and industry affiliates with an end goal of informing those in Saint Louis about who and what f-stop is.
2014 - Senior photographer at Yellow Brick Creative Studio, St. Louis, MO
2014 - Co-Producer/Photographer - Side Project Skateboards, Brandon Voges (Bruton Strobe) St. Louis, MO
Photographed skate decks for Jake Eshelman, Founder of Side Project Skateboards.
2014 - Assisted Demond Meek, Jacquin Studio, St. Louis, MO
Sigma Life Science
Art direction, camera rig, and platform rotation.
2013 - Assistant Road Tour Manager/Photographer, Stalley of Maybach Music Group, (35 Cities/45days)
Manage the merchandise for selected cities.
Kept up with scheduling for in-store meet and greets as well as radio interviews.
Photographed each show, followed with a blog post.
2010- Fresh Paint 2, 2720 Cherokee, St. Louis, MO
2014- Living Like Kings “Street Beautification” World Chess Hall of Fame St. Louis, MO
2014- Other Ways, Other Times; Philip Slein Gallery, St. Louis, MO
2015- Wade in the Water; Kranzberg Arts Center, St. Louis, MO
2016- Paris Photo-Aperture Photobook Awards 2015 / Photobook exhibition, Huis Marseille, 1016 EK Amsterdam
2016 - Common Senses, The Center For Photography at Woodstock, Woodstock, NY
2016 - BAXTER ST at CCNY, 6th Annual Zine & Self-Published Photo Book Fair New York, NY
2016 - Dandy Lion: Curated by Shantrelle P. Lewis - Brighton Photo Biennial
2017 - Imagery of Chess - World Chess Hall of Fame St. Louis, MO
2017 - PGH Photo Fair - Carnegie Museum of Art, Pittsburgh, PA
2017 - AWAKE 10x10 Reading Room, Book and Zine Bazaar - Magnum Foundation, New York City
2016- Black On Film, Creative Campus at The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
2017- My Lens, Our Ferguson, Gallery 1055, San Francisco, CA
2017- Black Women over Breathing, Urb Arts, St. Louis, MO
2017- Black Women over Breathing, Betti Ono Gallery, Oakland, CA
2014- Street Beautification, World Chess Hall of Fame, St. Louis, MO
2014- Other Ways; Other Times, Phillip Slein, St. Louis, MO
2014- Washington University, Photography As A Medium Of Change: Practice, Politics, And History
2016- Black On Film, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
2016- Photo-Bookworks Symposium, Rochester, NY
2016- The Society for Photographic Education Midwest Regional Conference, St. Louis, MO
2017- Photo Alliance - Photo Books Today | Symposium II, San Francisco, CA
2017- MoAD Vanguard Presents: The Intersection of Art & Technology, San Francisco, CA
2017- Open Show SF #84 Visual Omnivores, San Francisco, CA
2017- Q Bout!que / Artist Talk: The World Chess Hall of Fame, St. Louis, MO
2017- Turnaround Arts Summer Leadership Retreat at Airlie, Warrenton, VA
- 2014- AfroPunk
- 2014- SXSW Panel Picker, We Are Not Black Twitter, Austin, Texas
- 2014- Humin
- 2014- Alive Magazine, Men Of Style
- 2014- VSCO Journal
- 2015- Feast Magazine
- 2015- Trouve Magazine
- 2015- Greenroom Magazine
- 2015- Wine & Bowties
- 2015- Blackhound
- 2015- Photobookstore Magazine
- 2015- Photo-eye
- 2016- Alive Magazine (Good Vibes)
- 2016- Collector Daily
- 2016- VICELAND (Abandoned)
- 2016- Huffington Post
- 2016- Independent UK
- 2017- Flower City Arts Center
- 2017- The Foster Project
- 2017- KQED Arts
- 2007 - 2010 James T. Broadnax Memorial Scholarship (UMSL)
- 2006 - 2007 Student Affairs Scholarship/Black Alumni (UMSL)
- 2008 - 2010 Dean’s List (UMSL)
- 2015 - Paris Photo-Aperture First Photo-book (Shortlist)
- 2016 - Emerging 30, 30 under 30, Delux Magazine (STL)
2017- MoAD Vanguard Leadership Council
2017- Oakland Youth Art Explosion
2016- Alameda County Community Food Bank
2015- Colorado Springs Food Rescue
2015- My Lens, Our Ferguson - Self Published, St. Louis, MO